As you are aware, we are facing a difficult time trying to cope with the Coronavirus (COVID 19) pandemic; what this means for our families, communities, and businesses is an ever-evolving situation. I’d like to share what we at Cardy are doing to try and navigate these times.
- Remote Sales: We have asked our sales staff, wherever possible, to conduct business remotely, over the phone, Zoom/Skype or email. We have the technology in place to interact with one another face to face, while not being the same room, so we’ll be using it more.
- Remote Service Calls: Wherever possible, we will endeavour to fix equipment remotely. This will require some level of assistance from our customers. We currently do a large percentage of ‘remote fixes’ but increasing these ‘remote fixes’ assists both our business and yours. Faster repairs, less travel, traffic congestion and pollution, and not the least, less communal contract. In order to do this well, we need assistance from our customers.
- Onsite Visits: For when a site visit is unavoidable, we have also refined our processes, including regular hand washing, wiping the machines with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol, and using sanitiser. We have also asked all our staff to stop shaking hands.
- Stock: To date, we have not felt any disruptions to our supply chain, however we are increasing our stock holding to mitigate any potential future problems.
- Remote Working: We have already started remote working for some staff and are working towards increasing this. We believe we can reduce our onsite company staff numbers by 90%, should we be required to.
We are closely monitoring this constantly developing situation. We are all hoping to see NZ get on top of this quickly.
We wish you, your family and your business, the best for the coming months.
Cardy Ltd / Corporate Consumables